Frequently Asked Questions
Does a landscape contractor do the same basic things that a landscape designer does while bidding on a job?
98% of landscape contractors don't have professional landscape design training. Most contractors will try their best to impress potential clients with sample award winning landscape projects that will entice new clients, but lack the listening, analytical, horticultural and creative skills to organize a cost effective solution to give clients what they really want.
Most clients, when seeking general landscaping services, need a comprehensive master plan that can be implemented over time. That's why, the first landscape professional, consumers should consult with, should be an experienced and qualified landscape designer. Fill out Our Design Survey and we'll respond quickly.
When considering a landscape project, what are the most important priories I should consider?Priority #1: Water is the single most important factor to consider when landscaping...
- Make sure your property has good drainage and water doesn't flow toward house or sit on property for more than 6 hours.
- Make sure soil drains water from all plants within 6 hours
- Make sure lawn areas drain properly or turf health will struggle
- Make sure water doesn't sit stagnate anywhere on property of it may cause mosquitoes infestation
- Proper irrigation of plants and lawn areas(spring through fall) is required for plant health
- Water features add beauty and atmosphere to any landscapePriority #2: Soil is the foundation of all plant health.
- Soil type determines fertilizers, amendments, and watering schedule
- Poor draining soils should be amended and planted appropriately
- Many soils in Clark county have been compromised because of construction practicesPriority #3: Hard surfaces: need to be useful, good investment and attractive
- Hard surfaces include retaining walls, patios, walkways, driveways, etc.
- Hard surfaces are one of the largest investments in any landscape. In order for hard surfaces to be a good cost effective investment in properties they must be efficiently designed, professionally installed and immensely useful.
- The amount of investment recommenced for hard surfaces is related to property value potential.
How Does America The Beautiful Landscape Design work with homeowners?We turn ordinary yards into extraordinary gardens. We've developed a 5 step plan over the last 30 years.
Where's what you can expect...
Please fill out Our Design Survey so we can help you .
- Step One: Initial Consultation
- Step Two: Site Analysis
- Step Three: Preliminary Design
- Step Four: Final Design
- Step Five: Contractor Referral
How can I get started with my landscape master plan?
- Submit your design survey online (Click text for link to survey)
- Submit your contact information on our website (Click text to open contact form)
- send an E-Mail to: jeff@https://americathebeautifullandscaping.com.com
- Call directly at (360)-828-8597 (9am-6pm Monday-Friday)
How can I find the best plants for my property?We are trained Certified Professional Horticulturist (CPH) with 30 years experience in the Pacific Northwest. When considering plants for your property there are several things to consider in order to put the right plant in the right place. Below are some basic requirements:
- Sunlight exposure needed by plant
- Soil type needed by plant
- Existing drainage
- Moisture requirements
- Pest/animal issues
- Dramatic seasonal interest of plants
- Privacy needs of the client
- Clients color and style preferences
- Prevailing winds
- Heat or Cold exposure
- Septic systems
- Maintenance issues
We are available to help you from concept to completion. Please Contact Us for an initial consultation.
During these tough times, we're still open for business and ready to serve you! Learn more here